WHAT IS OLIGOSPERMIA?
Oligospermia is a medical condition found in men, which is characterised by a low sperm count in their semen. To impregnate a woman, a healthy amount of sperm in a man’s semen is usually necessary. If the sperm count is less than 15 million sperm per millilitre (mL), then the condition is called oligospermia.
OLIGOSPERMIA CAN BE CLASSIFIED INTO THREE CATEGORIES:
- Mild oligospermia, when the sperm count is between, 10 to 15 million sperm/mL.
- Moderate oligospermiais diagnosed when sperm count lies between 5 to 10 million sperm/mL.
- Severe oligospermiawhen the sperm count is between 0 and 5 million sperm/mL.
CAUSES OF OLIGOSPERMIA:
The causes of the condition include:
- Hormonal imbalances: The hormones required for sperm productionare produced by the hypothalamus and pituitary glands. The sperm production gets impaired if any alteration occurs in these hormones.
- Ejaculatory problems: When semen instead of flowing out of the penis, reverses back to the bladder, then it is known as retrograde ejaculation. This condition can reduce the sperm counts and cause infertility in men.
- Undescended testicles:Men born with this condition are unlikely to be fertile. If during fetal development, the testicles do not descend from the abdomen into the sac that forms the scrotum, then the fertility of that person gets hampered.
- Anti-sperm antibodies:Certain immune system cells known as anti-sperm antibodies tend to kill the sperm cells by mistakenly identifying them as harmful invaders causing low sperm count.
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Certain genetic disorders like Klinefelter’s syndrome, Kallmann’s syndrome and Kartagener’ syndrome can cause abnormal development in the male reproductive organs.
- Obstructions: Obstruction is one of the major causes of oligospermia. The tubes that carry sperm, if blocked by some abnormal developments like cystic fibrosis or any injury due to prior surgeries and infections, can lead to a low flow of semen.
- Trauma or injury:Some surgeries like vasectomy, hernia repair surgery, scrotal surgeries, prostate surgeries, etc. can reduce the sperm count in your ejaculate.
- Certain medications:Certain medicines like antifungal, antibiotic, ulcer medicines, chemotherapy drugs, testosterone replacement therapy etc. can impair sperm production in one’s body.
- Environmental factors:Exposure to chemicals, radiation, and heavy metals can reduce sperm production.
SYMPTOMS OF OLIGOSPERMIA
For some men, there are no obvious signs and symptoms of oligospermia seen. Only when they find difficulty in conceiving a child, this medical condition gets diagnosed. But if a man has oligospermia due to other underlying issues like chromosomal abnormalities, hormonal imbalance or any obstruction, then certain signs and symptoms may occur. Let’s take a look at the symptoms of oligospermia as given below:
- Swelling, pain, or lump in testis.
- Sexual functioning issues like the inability to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse or erectile dysfunction.
- Low facial and body hair growth and other signs of chromosomal abnormalities and hormonal imbalances.
- Thick discharge.
- Enlarged and swollen veins in the scrotum.
- If this problem happens due to transmission of a virus, then one can experience some burning sensation while urinating.
There are a number of risk factors associated with low sperm count. Below listed are the risks of oligospermia:
- Unhealthy habits like smoking, consuming alcohol, and illicit use of drugs
- Being overweight
- Depression or stress in work and family life
- Being affected by certain infections in past
- Exposure to toxins and chemicals
- Testicles being exposed to extreme heat
- Trauma or injury to the testicles
- Use of certain medications
- Undescended testicles
- Having chronic illness or tumors and undergoing treatments like radiation and chemotherapy
- Genetic and chromosomal abnormalitiescan cause this fertility disorder
Oligospermia is caused by various medical, genetic, lifestyle and environmental factors. Certain aspects are unavoidable, but there are other such known factors that can be prevented to protect one’s fertility.
Leading a healthy life, keeping stress at bay and avoiding chemical exposure are some of the effective measures to have healthy sperm production. If a person is affected by oligospermia due to any genetic and medical reason, then a proper treatment can improve their production in some cases.
HAVE YOU BEEN STRUGGLING WITH LOW SPERM COUNT?
BE HAPPY YOU FOUND US!!!
A SURE WAY OF BOOSTING YOUR SPERM COUNT WITHIN FEW WEEKS
The Kit Will Provide Result You Can Feel In A Matter Of Weeks.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR LOW SPERM COUNT TREATMENT
3rd Floor, 473, Lagos-Abeokuta Express Way, UBA Building, U-turn Bus Stop, Abule Egba, Lagos, Nigeria.
Mon – Friday (9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.) Nigerian Time
Saturday (10.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.) Nigerian Time
Our Office is Close on Sunday but you can Whatsapp, Call, Email Us.
CALL: 08178871052 OR +234-8038690104
EMAIL: [email protected]
OTHER TREATMENT WE OFFER:
The following are some of the treatments we offer Alphabetically (A-Z):
- Azoospermia/Zero Sperm Count Natural treatment
- Abdominal pain Natural treatment
- Adnomyosis natural treatment
- Amenorrhea Natural treatment
- Anemia natural treatment
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis Natural treatment
- Appendicitis Natural treatment without surgery
- Asthma Natural treatment
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome(AIDS) natural treatment
- Asthenospermia Natural Treatment
- Anorgasmia Natural Treatment
- Aspermia Natural Treatment
- Candidiasis Natural treatment
- Cancer Natural treatment
- Cervical Polyps Natural treatment
- Cholesterol Natural treatment
- Chlamydia Infection Natural treatment
- Fibroids Natural Treatment (without surgery)
- Fallopain Tube Blockage Natural Treatment (Without Surgery)
- Female Infertility Natural treatment
- Hydrosalpinx Natural Treatment
- Hydrocele Natural Treatment
- Hormonal imbalance Natural treatment
- Hypertension Natural treatment
- Hemorrhoids Natural Treatment
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary syndrome)Natural treatment
- Parkinson disease Natural Treatment
- Prostatitis Natural Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Natural Treatment
- Polyps Natural Treatment
- PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) Natural Treatment
- Premature Ejaculation
- Pancreatitis Natural Treatment
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Natural Treatment
- Sexual Debility Natural Treatment
- Seminal Infection
- Spermatorrhea Natural Treatment
- Tuberculosis Natural Treatment
- Teratozoospermia Natural Treatment
- Testiscular Atropy or hypoplastic without surgery
- Varicocele Natural Treatment (without surgery)
- Vaginitis Natural Treatment
- Vaginal Infection and Natural treatment
- Vagina Bleeding Natural treatment