Obesity is an excessive amount of body fat, which results from overeating, lack of exercise and bad eating habits. Obesity is determined by a person’s body mass index (BMI), which is calculated by figuring weight and height.
Most practitioners use the following BMI ranges as indications that a person is overweight or obese: BMI 25 to 29.9 (overweight), BMI 30 to 39.9 (moderate obese), BMI40 or above (extremely obese).
A high waist to hip ratio (indicating fat centered around the waist-also known as central obesity) increases the risk for developing serious, even life-threatening conditions associated with obesity. Physicians consider a very high waist circumference to be greater than 88cm for women.
Obesity can result to social, emotional and physical problems and often leads to serious diseases and conditions like heart disease, high blood pressure kidney disease and stroke.
Obesity occurs when a person takes in more calories than he uses. When the body fails to burn off excess calories, it is turned into fat.
Obesity is caused by lack of physical activity, excess consumption of starch and sugar, excess intake of fat, nutritional deficiencies, chronic dieting, impaired thermogenesis, digestive problems (dysbiosis), hypoglycemia, compulsive overeating boredom, habit, obsession with food, metabolic disorders of the endocrine or pituitary system (hypothyroidism, hypopituitarism, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism),genetics, emotional tension or stress, anxiety, depression, allergies.
Obesity may be overcome by proper nutrition, healthy living and good eating habits. Proper nutrition is an important factor in maintaining proper body weight because essential nutrients are critical for burning fat and removing carbohydrate from the body. Without proper nutrition excess fat may accumulate in the body resulting to an overweight condition. Crash diets or starvation diets may work well for short term weight loss but they may be harmful to one’s health and often are not permanent. Snoring, recurring heartburn and aching joints is common in obese persons. Psychological signs of obesity include depression, self hatred and a negative body image. Obesity often begins in childhood. Without treatment, overweight children tend to grow into obese adults.
POSSIBLE LIFESTYLE CHANGES, HELP AND RECOMMENDATIONS
* Lower your calorie intake: Our body weight is controlled by the number of calories you eat and the number of calories you use each day. So, to lose weight you need to take in fewer calories than you use. You can do this by becoming more physically active or by eating less. Removing triggers and access to “forbidden” foods is helpful.
It is also important to obtain appropriate professional guidance for any dietary and exercise regimen (especially early on), as it will ensure that weight is lost safely and in a controlled manner. This program should be so real that you will be able to follow for the rest of your life. Increased physical activity and a diet that is limited in calories are the most important components of a weight loss program. Both components are also crucial to maintenance once the weight has been lost.
* Increase physical activity: increasing physical activity may help a person lose weight, primarily in the first 6 months, as well maintain a desirable weight in the long-term. Exercise not only contributes to weight loss, it also decreases abdominal fat and increase cardio respiratory fitness, which can reduce complications associated with overweight and obesity such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. It is important for people who are not use to exercising to begin with a gentle regimen that increases in intensity over the time.
The long-term goal is to participate in a moderately intense exercise routine for at least 30 minutes, 5 to 7 days a week. Ideally, an exercise program should combine aerobic activity such as walking, running, or swimming with a program of strength training, such as lifting light weights.
* Stress reduction techniques: In addition to diet and exercise programs, social support from friends and family and practicing stress-reduction techniques (such as progressive muscle relaxation and meditation) may prevent overeating.
The key to losing and keeping off weight is to set realistic weight loss goals that are achievable through eating in moderation, appropriate food selection, and consistent physical activity and a good supplement that takes care of the main cause of your overweight issue. Most people who are successful at losing weight have a support system in place, such as a weight loss group or organized weight loss plan.
You can walk into our office and pick up infertility solution kit at;
OFFICE ADDRESS: Block A, Suite 26, Primal Tek Plaza, 63/65, Egbeda-Idimu Road, Mokola Bus Stop, Opposite Gowon Estate, Egbeda, Lagos, Nigeria.
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
1- You pay to the company’s account and we will send it to you between 24-48 hours if you live in Nigeria. It takes 4-5 working days for international delivery (people outside Nigeria, we use NIPOST EMS DELIVERY).
2- If you have anyone in Lagos or you are in Lagos, you can come to our office or send money to the person you have in Lagos let the person come to the office to pay and pick the kit up for you instantly.
Delivery is free nationwide.
Free of charge delivery nationwide (If you want us to send the kit to you any where you are in Nigeria, you will get it between 24-48hours and at most 72hrs). We use transport companies such as: ABC transport, GUBA express, Young Shall Grow, Agofure Motors, Okeyson Motors etc from Lagos to various states in Nigeria.
N.B: International delivery will only enjoys 50% discount of the delivery cost (50:50).
Stay Healthy and Never Give Up!
I. A. & S. Wellness Team,
At I. A. & S. Wellness Centre, we have well trained staff members to guide you.
- Member National Association of Nigeria Traditional Medicine Practitioners (NANTMP),
- Member Association of Commonwealth Traditional Medicines Practitioners for West Africa
- We also have trained Acupunturists and TCM experts
OTHER TREATMENT WE OFFER:
The following are some of the treatments we offer Alphabetically (A-Z):
- Abdominal pain Natural treatment
- Abnormal Vaginal bleeding Natural treatment
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome(AIDS) natural treatment
- Adhesion natural treatment
- Amenorrhea Natural treatment
- Anemia natural treatment
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis Natural treatment
- Appendicitis Natural treatment without surgery
- Asthma Natural treatment
- Candidiasis Natural treatment
- Cancer Natural treatment
- Cervical Polyps Natural treatment
- Cholesterol Natural treatment
- Chlamydia Infection Natural treatment
- Fibroids Natural Treatment (without surgery)
- Female Infertility Natural treatment
- Fibrocystic Breast Natural Treatment
- Male infertility Natural treatment
- Menopause Natural treatment
- Mouth odor and Cancer Natural treatment
- PCOS (polycystic Ovary syndrome)Natural treatment
- Parkinson disease Natural Treatment
- Prostatitis Natural Cure
- Prostate Cancer Natural Treatment
- Polyps Natural Treatment
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Natural Treatment
Was this article helpful? * Natural treatment for Obesity *
PLEASE SHARE! *Natural treatment for Obesity*