Prolactin is a hormone that plays a role in fertility by inhibiting follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), the hormones that trigger ovulation and allow eggs to develop and mature.
Prolactin (also called luteotropic hormone) is also associated with the production of breast milk.
It is unclear what role prolactin plays in men, but it is clearly linked to infertility.
WHY WOULD YOU HAVE PROLACTIN LEVELS CHECKED?
You would have your prolactin levels checked if you or your partner is having trouble becoming pregnant.
If you are a woman, you might also have your prolactin levels checked if you have stopped having your period or have any abnormal nipple discharge.
WHEN ARE PROLACTIN LEVELS CHECKED?
You can have your prolactin levels checked at any point in your menstrual cycle. Prolactin levels vary throughout the day, however. They are highest while you are asleep and first thing in the morning, so the test is usually done about three hours after you wake up.
TESTING PROLACTIN LEVELS
A prolactin test measures the amount of the hormone prolactin in your blood.
High prolactin levels inhibit secretion of FSH. Therefore, if your prolactin levels are high, your ovulation may be suppressed. This is why women who are breastfeeding (and thus have high levels of prolactin) usually don’t become pregnant.
These high prolactin levels are often caused by prolactinoma, which causes a tumor to grow on your pituitary gland. This tumor then excretes excess prolactin in your body. Rarely, liver disease, kidney disease, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), shingles or hypothyroidism may cause high levels of prolactin.
Several common problems may also affect prolactin levels. Strenuous exercise, lack of sleep, and some foods and medications (especially some anti-depressants and painkillers) can raise prolactin levels. Your health care provider may give you information about how to prepare for the test so that the impact of these factors will be minimized.
PROLACTIN LEVELS AND FERTILITY
If your prolactin levels are abnormal, the most important thing is to find out what is causing the irregularity and treat it. If elevated prolactin levels are brought down, the chances of pregnancy are usually excellent.
So, How Can I.A.& S. Wellness Centre Help Me To Solve My Hormonal Imbalance Problem?
The Best And Working Solution Is:
HORMONAL IMBALANCE SOLUTION KITS
FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR HORMONAL IMBALANCE TREATMENT
3rd Floor, 473, Lagos-Abeokuta Express Way, UBA Building, U-turn Bus Stop, Abule Egba, Lagos, Nigeria.
Mon – Friday (9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.) Nigerian Time
Saturday (10.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.) Nigerian Time
Our Office is Close on Sunday but you can Whatsapp, Call, Email Us.
- WHATSAPP: (+234)-8178871052
- CALL: 08178871052 OR +234-8038690104
- EMAIL: email@example.com
OTHER TREATMENT WE OFFER:
The following are some of the treatments we offer Alphabetically (A-Z):
- Abdominal pain Natural treatment
- Abnormal Vaginal bleeding Natural treatment
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome(AIDS) natural treatment
- Adhesion natural treatment
- Amenorrhea Natural treatment
- Anemia natural treatment
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis Natural treatment
- Appendicitis Natural treatment without surgery
- Asthma Natural treatment
- Candidiasis Natural treatment
- Cancer Natural treatment
- Cervical Polyps Natural treatment
- Cholesterol Natural treatment
- Chlamydia Infection Natural treatment
- Fibroids Natural Treatment (without surgery)
- Female Infertility Natural treatment
- Fibrocystic Breast Natural Treatment
- Male infertility Natural treatment
- Menopause Natural treatment
- Mouth odor and Cancer Natural treatment
- PCOS (polycystic Ovary syndrome)Natural treatment
- Parkinson disease Natural Treatment
- Prostatitis Natural Cure
- Prostate Cancer Natural Treatment
- Polyps Natural Treatment
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Natural Treatment