The fallopian tubes are two thin tubes, one on each side of the uterus, which help lead the mature egg from the ovaries to the uterus.
When an obstruction prevents the egg from traveling down the tube, the woman has a blocked fallopian tube. It can occur on one or both sides.
This is also known as tubal factor infertility, and is the cause of infertility in 40% of infertile women.
How Do Blocked Fallopian Tubes Cause Infertility?
Each month, when ovulation occurs, an egg is released from one of the ovaries. The egg travels from the ovary, through the tubes, and into the uterus. The sperm also need to swim their way from the cervix, through the uterus, and through the fallopian tubes to get the egg. Fertilization usually takes place while the egg is traveling through the tube.
If one or both fallopian tubes are blocked, the egg cannot reach the uterus, and the sperm cannot reach the egg, preventing fertilization and pregnancy.
Causes of Female Infertility
It’s also possible for the tube not to be blocked totally, but only partially. This can increase the risk of a tubal pregnancy, or ectopic pregnancy.
What are the Symptoms of Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
– Unlike anovulation, where irregular menstrual cycles may hint to a problem, blocked fallopian tubes rarely cause symptoms.
– A specific kind of blocked fallopian tube, called hydrosalpinx, may cause lower abdominal pain and unusual vaginal discharge, but not every woman will have these symptoms. Hydrosalpinx is when a blockage causes the tube to dilate (increase in diameter) and fill with fluid. The fluid blocks the egg and sperm, preventing fertilization and pregnancy.
However, some of the causes of blocked fallopian tubes can lead to other problems as well. For example, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disease may cause painful menstruation and painful sexual intercourse. But these symptoms don’t necessarily point to blocked tubes.
What Causes Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
– The most common cause of blocked fallopian tubes is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID is the result of a sexually transmitting disease, but not all pelvic infections are related to STDs. Also, even if PID is no longer present, a history of PID or pelvic infection increases the risk of blocked tubes.
Other potential causes of blocked fallopian tubes:
– Current or history of an STD infection, specifically Chlamydia or Gonorrhea
– History of uterine infection caused by an abortion or miscarriage
-When there is a History of a ruptured appendix
– If there is a History of abdominal surgery
– Previous ectopic pregnancy
– Prior surgery involving the fallopian tubes
How are Blocked Tubes Diagnosed?
Blocked tubes are usually diagnosed with a specialized x-ray, called a hysterosalpingogram, or HSG. This test involves placing a dye through the cervix, using a tiny tube. Once the dye has been given, the doctor will take x-rays of your pelvic area.
All About Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
If all is normal, the dye will go through the uterus, through the tubes, and spill out around the ovaries and into the pelvic cavity. If the dye doesn’t get through the tubes, then you may have a blocked fallopian tube.
It’s important to know that 15% of women have a “false positive,” where the dye doesn’t get past the uterus and into the tube. The blockage appears to be right where the fallopian tube and uterus meet. If this happens, the doctor may repeat the test another time, or order a different test to confirm.
Other tests that may be ordered include ultrasound, exploratory laparoscopic surgery, or hysteroscopy (where they take a thin camera and place it through your cervix, to look at your uterus). Blood work to check for the presence of Chlamydia antibodies (which would imply previous or current infection) may also be ordered.
1- Can You Get Pregnant With Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
If you have one open tube, and are otherwise healthy, you might be able to get pregnant without too much help.
Your doctor may give you fertility drugs to increase the chances of ovulating on the side with the open tube.
This is not an option, however, if both tubes are blocked.
2- Laparoscopic surgery can open blocked tubes or remove scar tissue that is causing problems.
Unfortunately, this treatment doesn’t always work. The chance of success depends on how old you are (the younger, the better), how bad and where the blockage is, and the cause of blockage.
If just a few adhesions are between the tubes and ovaries, then your chances of getting pregnant after surgery are good.
If you have a blocked tube that is otherwise healthy, you have a 20% to 40% chance of getting pregnant after surgery.
But if thick, multiple adhesions and scarring are between your tubes and ovaries, or if you have been diagnosed with hydrosalpinx, surgery may not be a good option for you. Also, if there are any male infertility issues, you might want to skip surgery.
In these cases, IVF treatment is another option but the chance of getting pregnant after IVF is not always on high side.
SURE & 100% GUARANTEE NATURAL TREATMENT TO UNBLOCK FALLOPIAN TUBES WITHOUT SURGERY IS OUR TUBAL SOLUTION KIT.
This kit will clear your fallopian tubes and you will get pregnant easily. To know about the Tubal Solution Kit visit here: Unblock Your Fallopian Tubes Naturally And Get Pregnant Straight
Walk into our Office to get your kit at;
Block A, Suite 26, Primal Tek Plaza, 63/65, Egbeda-Idimu Road, Mokola Bus Stop, Opposite Gowon Estate, Egbeda, Lagos, Nigeria.
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
1- You pay to the company’s account and we will send it to you between 24-48 hours if you leave in Nigeria. It takes 4-5 working days for international delivery (people outside Nigeria, we use DHL).
2- If you have anyone in Lagos or you are in Lagos, you can come to our office or send money to the person you have in Lagos let the person come to the office to pay and pick the kit up for you instantly.
Delivery is free nationwide
Free of charge delivery nationwide (If you want us to send the kit to you any where you are in Nigeria, you will get it between 24-48hours ,at most 72 hours). We use transport companies such as: ABC transport, GUBA express, Young Shall Grow, Agofure Motors, Okeyson Motors etc from Lagos to various states in Nigeria.
N.B: International delivery will only enjoys 50% discount of the delivery cost (50:50).
Stay Healthy and Never Give Up!
I. A. & S. Wellness Team,
Email us: email@example.com
At I. A. & S. Wellness Centre, we have well trained staff members to guide you.
- Member National Association of Nigeria Traditional Medicine Practitioners (NANTMP),
- Member Association of Commonwealth Traditional Medicines Practitioners for West Africa
- We also have trained Acupunturists and TCM experts
OTHER TREATMENT WE OFFER:
The following are some of the treatments we offer Alphabetically (A-Z):
- Abdominal pain Natural treatment
- Abnormal Vaginal bleeding Natural treatment
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome(AIDS) natural treatment
- Adhesion natural treatment
- Amenorrhea Natural treatment
- Anemia natural treatment
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis Natural treatment
- Appendicitis Natural treatment without surgery
- Asthma Natural treatment
- Candidiasis Natural treatment
- Cancer Natural treatment
- Cervical Polyps Natural treatment
- Cholesterol Natural treatment
- Chlamydia Infection Natural treatment
- Fibroids Natural Treatment (without surgery)
- Female Infertility Natural treatment
- Fibrocystic Breast Natural Treatment
- Male infertility Natural treatment
- Menopause Natural treatment
- Mouth odor and Cancer Natural treatment
- PCOS (polycystic Ovary syndrome)Natural treatment
- Parkinson disease Natural Treatment
- Prostatitis Natural Cure
- Prostate Cancer Natural Treatment
- Polyps Natural Treatment
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Natural Treatment
Was this article helpful? “How Do Blocked Fallopian Tubes Cause Infertility?”
PLEASE SHARE “How Do Blocked Fallopian Tubes Cause Infertility?”